Spaghetti With Roasted Red Capsicum ,Walnuts and Goats Cheese
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta water; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, roasted red peppers and sugar and cook until just thickened, about 2 minutes. Transfer red pepper mixture to a blender; process until smooth.
- Return pan to stove, add thyme and red pepper flakes and cook over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spaghetti, red pepper puree and salt to pan, stirring to combine. Add reserved pasta water and cook over medium-low heat until sauce just clings to spaghetti, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with walnuts and goat cheese.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 419 cal., 20 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 50 g carb. (6 g fiber), 15 g pro.